How to Take Care of a Citation


You (or your attorney) may appear in person or by mail.

Enclose a copy of your driver’s license or ID, if mailing your response.

If you would like to see the judge, contact the Court and you will be set on the next available docket. Failing to respond may result in additional charges being filed against you, warrants may be issued for your arrest, and additional fees will apply. As a result, you may be ineligible to renew your driver’s license.

Fine Payment

The judgment and sentence for the offense with which you are charged is the payment of a fine and costs. If you choose to pay the fine/fees without going to trial or are convicted at trial and unable to pay in full the fine/fees, options are: additional time to pay in full or pay a specified amount at designated intervals. Contact the Court for more information.

If you are determined by the Court to have insufficient resources or income to pay, the Court is required to provide you other ways to discharge the fine and costs. You may contact the Court. You may be entitled to a credit of $150 per day toward any fine of cost owed if you were confined to jail or prison after the commission of this offense. A defendant must provide proof to Court. (Effective 9-1-2021) If you come to Court to resolve your case, you will NOT be arrested for charges filed in this court. 


Juveniles (under 17) must appear in person with a parent/guardian. Please contact the Court by calling 245-386-8116, ext. 3.