Economic & Community Development
In 1996, the residents of Hamilton approved a one-half of one % sales tax dedicated to promoting economic development in the City of Hamilton. These funds must be expended in accordance with State Law to facilitate eligible projects.
The responsibility of the Hamilton Economic Development Corporation (HEDC) is to reinvest the funds in Hamilton, to expand the city property tax base and create quality job opportunities.
The HEDC provides leadership and direction to the City's economic and community development efforts within guidelines established by the HEDC and the City of Hamilton.
The mission of the City of Hamilton Economic Development Corporation is to promote and enable community and economic development in Hamilton.
- To revitalize Hamilton’s historic downtown into a thriving district
- To build and foster relationships with existing businesses that result in retention and expansion
- To improve the quality of life in Hamilton
- To become a premier Hill Country tourism destination
- To successfully market the Hamilton area for business development
- To maximize effectiveness of the HEDC by continually improving organizational management