Economic & Community Development
In 1996, the residents of Hamilton approved a one-half of one % sales tax dedicated to promoting economic development in the City of Hamilton. These funds must be expended in accordance with State Law to facilitate eligible projects.
The responsibility of the Hamilton Economic Development Corporation (HEDC) is to reinvest the funds in Hamilton, to expand the city property tax base and create quality job opportunities.
The HEDC provides leadership and direction to the City's economic and community development efforts within guidelines established by the HEDC and the City of Hamilton.
The mission of the City of Hamilton Economic Development Corporation is to promote and enable community and economic development in Hamilton.
- Goal #1 Downtown Development: To work with the Hamilton Main Street Program to revitalize Hamilton’s Historic downtown into a thriving district.
- Goal #2 Business Retention & Expansion: To build and foster relationships with existing businesses that result in retention and expansion.
- Goal #3 Community Development: To continually improve the quality of life in Hamilton.
- Goal #4 Tourism: To become a premier Hill Country tourism destination.
- Goal #5 Business Development/Marketing: To successfully market the Hamilton area for business development.
- Goal #6 Thompson Building: To ensure the highest and best use for the Thompson Building